Ellwood Real Estate Update March 2020
Thinking about selling your home this spring or summer? Here are 10 tips to get started!
- Hide Clutter – Have a garage sale or donate things you won’t need in your next home.
- Take Down Personal Photos – Buyers want to envision their family living in a home, not your family.
- Do the Dishes – Kitchens are top selling points. Clear countertops, wipe down appliances and make it sparkling clean.
- Bathrooms – Remove all personal items from counters, except a single item (soap, candle, etc).
- Refrigerator – Take all magnets and personal effects off of your refrigerator.
- Closets – Organize and tidy up ALL closets – buyers are nosey and will look in them.
- Have Pets? – Ask a friend to give you an honest opinion of whether it smells like Fido.
- Sell It – Make a list of your 10 favorite things about the house and leave it for buyers to see.
- Plants – Remove dead or dying plants from inside, and trip overgrown landscaping outside.
- Furniture – Rearrange and minimize large furniture – make your home an open and welcoming space for potential buyers.
3 Ways to Make Your Home Stand Out
- Let There be Light – Turn on all lights and open curtains or blinds to let in as much natural light as possible.
- What’s that Smell? – Boil a pot of water with cinnamon sticks and orange peel to make your house smell like home.
- Did You Hear That? – Turn on soft music to motivate buyers to linger in the home longer and reduce focus on exterior noise such as traffic, dogs, or vehicles.
Condominiums and Houses Currently For Sale
|For Sale||Pacific Oaks Rd *||$545,000||2||1||951||2|
|For Sale||Pacific Oaks Rd *||$725,000||2||2.5||1411||4|
|For Sale||Freeman Pl Duplex||$1,299,000||5||3.5||2744||56|
|For Sale||Cannon Green Dr H *||$615,000||3||2||1158||6|
|Pending||Ellwood Beach Dr 16 *||$575,000||2||2||1203||25|
|Pending||7191 Emily Ln *||$839,000||3||3||1881||9|
|Pending||La Salle Rd *||$855,000||3||3||1881||96|
Closed Sales – Condominiums and Houses
|Address||Sold Price||Beds||Baths||Sq Ft||DOM||Sale Date|
|483 Linfield Pl D *||$450,000||1||1||812||6||02/21/20|
|483 Linfield Place A *||$487,200||2||2||1009||1||02/17/20|
|7634 Hollister Ave 255 *||$535,000||2||2||960||7||12/26/19|
|475 Reed Ct||$950,000||4||2||1789||5||11/20/19|
Median condominium sale price in the Ellwood area Jan.–Dec. 2019: $540,000 (up 5.0% in 2019) – 27 sales
Median home sale price in the Ellwood area Jan.–Dec. 2019: $898,750 (up 7.0% in 2019) – 13 sales
Thinking about selling? Now is the time to have your Realtor look at your home and advise the best “market ready” improvements that you can make. Get the highest return on the lowest cost items. Call me today for assistance!